Utilizing MS Project
Successful projects result from careful planning and execution. The challenging part of planning involves visualizing and forecasting future outcomes. Microsoft Project delivers powerful capabilities to help project manager’s plan, manage, and track progress and resources.
Benefits of using Project Management Software:
- Build an easy-to-maintain and reusable work schedule for team members and partners.
- Managing task status and evaluate the work schedule in terms of time, person-hours, tasks, budgets on demand.
- Improve effective project team communication and collaboration.
After completion of the workshop, trainees will be able to:
- Define project scope.
- Manage projects.
- Develop schedules and budgets
- Estimate resources and workload.
- Manage project resources.
- Build high-performance teams and communicate progress to clients and management.
- Develop project plans.
- Report project status realistically. Whether you are a project manager, team leader or team member.
- Highly beneficial in providing a comprehensive guide to project management.
- Improve your productivity in planning and scheduling
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project managers
- Project team members
- Managers in administration
- Managers in communications
- Managers in marketing
- Managers in IT
- Managers in public and private section who need to learn Microsoft Project to plan and manage projects
- Financial and Banking
- Real Estate and Construction
- Consulting firms offering project management to their clients
- MS PROJECT Software
- WBS Pro Software
- Training Material “Soft Copy”
- MS Project Guide
- Certificate of attendance
Managing Projects Using MS Project Training Modules
Module 1: GETTING STARTED
- Project as an Enabling Tool for Project Managers
- Mapping the Project Management Process Groups to Project
- Enterprise Project Management and Other Key Considerations
- Getting Started and Setting Up the Microsoft Project Environment
Module 2: PLANNING ESSENTIALS
- Creating and Entering the Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimating and Entering Duration or Work
- Setting Dependencies and the Critical Path
- Assigning Resources and Costs
- Understanding the Calculation Engine
- Communicating and Reporting Essentials
Module 3: UNDERSTANDING PROJECT VIEWS
- Using Tables and Custom Fields
- Using Filters and Groups
- Formatting Text and Bars
- Custom Stakeholder Views and Reports
Module 4: TRACKING ESSENTIALS
- Understanding and Setting Baselines
- Updating and Tracking Status
- Comparing Results and Taking Corrective Action