7 Precautionary Measures to Prevent COVID-19 Pandemic
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic is one of the world’s, the middle east region, and Jordan’s greatest threat in 2020 on human lives, economy, and society. It is an infectious newly discovered Coronavirus disease, where most of the people infected with the COVID-19 virus will have no effects or moderate illness and will recover without any special treatment. But older people, those over 60 years old, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to experience serious illness, and have a higher risk of developing severe disease and death.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes. At this time, there are no specific vaccines or medical treatments for COVID-19.
Protect yourself, your loved ones, and others by preventing the spread and to slow transmission of the COVID-19 virus to others by taking the following precautionary actions:
1. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
2. Always cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
3. Avoid close contact (1 meter to 2 meter) with people coughing or sneezing.
4. If you feel unwell, Stay home and self-isolated from others at home
5. Avoid touching your face, don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
6. Quit smoking and any other activity that weaken your lungs.
7. Avoid unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
• Dry cough.
Other symptoms include:
• Shortness of breath
• Aches and pains
• Sore throat
• And very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
People with fever, cough or difficulty breathing should call their doctor and seek medical attention.
Be carefull, we hope all of you will be well.